Assert_equal(rv.status_code, 404) AssertionError: 200 != 404

I have finally narrowed all my nosetests down to 3 failures and despite intense research cannot figure out my errors:(lpthw) PS C:\Users\Administrator\projects\gothonweb> nosetests
F…F…F

FAIL: app_tests.test_index

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Administrator.venvs\lpthw\lib\site-packages\nose\case.py”, line 198, in runTest
self.test(*self.arg)
File “C:\Users\Administrator\projects\gothonweb\app_tests.py”, line 9, in test_index
assert_equal(rv.status_code,404)
AssertionError: 200 != 404

======================================================================
FAIL: tests.app_tests.test_index

File “C:\Users\Administrator.venvs\lpthw\lib\site-packages\nose\case.py”, line 198, in runTest
self.test(*self.arg)
File “C:\Users\Administrator\projects\gothonweb\tests\app_tests.py”, line 9, in test_index
assert_equal(rv.status_code, 404)
AssertionError: 200 != 404

======================================================================
FAIL: tests.planisphere_tests.test_gothon_game_map

self.test(*self.arg)
File “C:\Users\Administrator\projects\gothonweb\tests\planisphere_tests.py”, line 35, in test_gothon_game_map
assert_equal(start_room.go(‘shoot!’), ‘death’)
AssertionError: <gothonweb.planisphere.Room object at 0x0437CE10> != ‘death’

Ran 10 tests in 0.618s

FAILED (failures=3)
(lpthw) PS C:\Users\Administrator\projects\gothonweb>

In HTTP the numbers like 200 and 404 are specific status codes:

The tell you what happened. In this case you’re asserting that you get a 404 (Not Found), but you’re actually getting a 200 (OK). That means either you’re returning a valid response when you should do a NotFound, OR you’re testing for a 404 NotFound but actually it should be a 200 OK.