Help wanted, on showing up everyday!

also, the video’s awesome!

1 Like

Any time I get frustrated or stuck I put that video on and i’m good to go for the rest of the day lol.

TV is good for me may just low or muted, it’s like someone else there, I barely look at it. I tried music but it just distracts me. Having a bad week though went a little mental on Monday and only really recovering. I really should not be on social media, forums I’m pretty good.

I think it’s cool when I learn something about myself.

Interesting video… interesting in that I can relate, but somehow have not yet automatically equated the willingness to sacrifice and struggle and achieve in other areas to programming. Very different natures of struggle, though. Hmm…

That sounds interesting, you should do a blog post discussing the result and post it on a distance ed forum for exposure. You might pick up some more subs.

Anyway, I know the pain of video editing, too. I used to work in a college’s distance ed. department filming and editing courses (20-30 videos/class). Really repetitive, mostly boring work with expensive, tempermental equipment. The odd thing is that the film crew (us) always took crap off of other depts. because they saw it all as “creative and fun.” I tell you when you add hard to hit deadlines, fussy professors, twelve-fourteen hour days the fun tends to leave (although the adrenaline rush can be nice). Back then I was thinking along the same lines on scripting some of the workload but didn’t have time to experiment on our editing suite (we used Adobe’s stuff).

Yes, as I do more and more video editing I keep thinking I could most likely automate like 90% of it with the right models and a few standards on how to record videos. The audio world has way better automation.

1 Like