October 6th Accountability

My status this week is:

DONE: Started a web project
BLOCKERS: life, lack of confidence, lack of knowledge, stats class
GOALS: To get a job in tech, do a prompt for every Inktober, get some kind of functionality into my new web project, get through intro-to-computers, enjoy the fall weather, get to the theater for ZombieLand 2.

I am currently working on … This is the project I’m working on: https://nelliesnoodles.github.io/skillz.github.io/
It needs a ton of work, but I’m learning in the process.

I am struggling with understanding … How I’m going to make anything go to DB and store information and logging and all that back-end stuff

I am finally understanding … I don’t understand SOOOO much

I have work to show at … Nothing new other than skillz site. Been sluggish at the code the last couple weeks.

1 Like

My status this week is:

DONE: Not much
BLOCKERS: Got lost in details
GOALS: Define an MVP for my real-estate app

I am currently working on … a real-estate listing app

I am struggling with understanding … How to accomplish things.

I am finally understanding … Generators in more detail (took a little excurse in Computer Science)

I have work to show at … Nothing to show for now.

1 Like

DONE: Still working on the spanish translation in MicroBlog. Motivation totally dropped off becuase its not very interesting and a lot of mucking about with syntax. Nearly done though and then onto async stuff and structure which is more interesting.

BLOCKERS: Bought an Oculus Quest. Man its unbelievable and consuming way too much time. I’m going with the flow as the novelty will wear off…eventually. Maybe…

GOALS: Got a 3 day course this week so goal is to keep coding on train to/from course. I know I’ll be quite tired but need to keep moving.

I am currently working on … MicroBlog site

I am struggling with understanding … How VR works and is so amazing.

I am finally understanding … What it was like when I first discovered games on my Acorn Electron and was totally blown away by them…again.

I have work to show at … Local only. Docker deploy coming up.

2 Likes

Oooo! You got an Oculus!
My son’s been asking for one since he was seven lol.

One day!

Yeah I’ve had the Dev kit version a few years back but this thing is a self contained unit, no wires, total freedom to walk about.

I suggest getting him one immediately.

1 Like