I just posted the VimSchool Seminar 4 video, where I go through repetition and basic file navigation. You can get the videos here:
I’ll update this post with the outline for what was covered in Seminar 4 after I finish formatting it tomorrow, but the summary is:
- Navigating files in your directory.
- Opening and moving between multiple files.
- Working with buffers.
- Doing window splits and moving them around.
- Repeating normal commands and colon commands.
- Making macros and then repeating them.
- Doing normal commands, colon commands, and macros to multiple files and buffers.
Feel free to let me know if there’s any editing issues with this one.
VimSchool Seminar 5: Code Navigation
Next Thursday (Jun 28) I’ll cover how to setup tags for your language of choice, and do code navigation. I’ll demonstrate with Python and C, and use ctags and cscope for jumping around code based on the semantics of those languages, rather than just textual searching. In order to this seminar I’ll have to get into more Vim configuration, setting up tags, and other things needed for programming tasks.