Ex25.py Am I doing it right?

Hey @Not2smart very cool! You really showed big persistence and didn’t give up! Concrats!

2 Likes

Pro-Tip:

There’s a trick in painting where if you look at your painting in a mirror then suddenly you find all the errors. I do something like this:

[painting] — Zed > ----> [mirror]

So I put a standing mirror behind me, then when I want to check my painting, I turn around, and kind of look at the painting behind me by stepping aside a little. People have known about this since at least Leonardo Davinci, so like 600 years maybe?

Why does this work? I have no idea but I suspect it tricks your brain into thinking this is someone else’s work, so you look at it without emotion and more critically. Could also be you have memory of making the painting, but flip it and you have no memory of making the mirror image of the painting so your view is fresh.

Either way the same thing works with what you write, except looking at it in a mirror might not work since you have to read inverted text. Try it but it that never worked for me.

What does work is taking something you you typed and reading it backwards. Like this:

backwards it reading and typed you you something taking is work does What

Now did you see the double “you you”? Did you miss it the first time? There ya go, that works.

Try that next time you say, “I KNOW I typed this in exactly perfect!” Read it backwards. Then you might see the error.

2 Likes