EX 46 rake test results in printing directories rather than executing the unit test

hello all,

I’ve created all the Ex46 folders and files verbatim. In the terminal, at the project directory (the correct level as instructed), entering rake test resulting in printing the following directories:

ubuntu@ubuntu:~/DATA/GitHub/projects/skeleton$ rake test
/home/ubuntu/.rbenv/versions/2.7.1/bin/ruby -w -I"lib:tests" -I"/home/ubuntu/.rbenv/versions/2.7.1/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/rake-13.0.1/lib" "/home/ubuntu/.rbenv/versions/2.7.1/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/rake-13.0.1/lib/rake/rake_test_loader.rb"  

instead of executing the unit test.

Up to this exercise, I was in Windows and using PowerShell. I thought the problem was Windows, so I installed secondary Ubuntu OS in my machine (it’s about time) and reinstall Ruby, atom, rake gem, etc. But the same issue persists in Linux.

I triple checked the project structure and file content, it’s exactly the same with the exercise instructions.

Anybody facing the same issue? Thanks in advance.

I haven’t touched Ruby in a really long time, but if this is a problem between both operating systems then it’s either your code, OR, things have changed in how Rake runs tests.

Do you have the github to this online? Maybe I can grab it and compare it to my code.