Exercise 43, kinda stuck...I need some help

Hi, I have been reading and studying Learn Python 3 The Hard Way for about a month now, and I am at exercise 43. I think I have a pretty clear understanding of concepts regarding classes and objects, but I am not sure how I can utilize classes. I am trying to make the game like Zed tells me to, but I don’t have any idea where to start, or what to do. Plus, having made another simple game before using if-elis-else, it just feels weird to use classes at this moment. Am I just overthinking this, or is there still something I am missing out, or is it something else? Should I really try to make the game myself, or should I try to understand how Zed solved the problem?

Please help me.

So, best thing to do is this:

1. Don’t make your own game, make a copy of mine first.
  2. When you make the copy, start with the “shell” or structure of the game. Don’t add in any of the text, just get a simple 1 room little game going with the Engine and Map working.
  3. Then slowly add in each room, but without the long text.
  4. Then add the text, the whole time testing and running repeatedly after each change.

Once you get that working, then rip out my text and put in your own text. Don’t change the structure, or what rooms go to where, but just change the story to be your own.

Then, try adding some new rooms, add some new features like hit points, and keep changing it until it’s nothing like mine.

If you want to push further, then start over from scratch and make your own from nothing, but try to do it like this:

1. Study my version as much as possible and take very good notes.
  2. Using only your notes, attempt to make your own version from nothing.
  3. If you get stuck and have to look at mine then update your notes with what was missing.
  4. Keep doing this until you’ve got your own game.

Try that and let me know what you come up with.

A free service run by Zed A. Shaw for learncodethehardway.org.