I wrote a working logfind!
I had previously worked the course up to exercise 26 Project Logfind, then was out of commission for a while (long story). But I finally got back into the course. Breezed my way back up and figured out my own solution without looking ahead at the video, lecture code, etc. The process was quite enlightening. I think I’ve definitely gained some confidence in working with C. I have a long ways to go in respect to doing professional work, but I think I did alright. Currently this is the initial version of the program. Figured I’d share the ‘unspoiled’ version that comes purely from my own problem solving efforts and working with what I’ve learned so far. I realize it’s far from optimal code. But I made it solid enough to build without errors and show clean in cppcheck and Valgrind. I’d call it functional and not completely horrible
The source repo is online: https://gitlab.com/lee8oi/logfind